When We Meet

Sunday Mornings at 10:00 am
Sunday and Wednesday Evenings @ 6:00 pm*
*Check blog updates for Sunday afternoon times and activities.

Text "JOIN SWAT" to 40650 to receive SWAT Youth updates via text.

A Ministry of Cook's United Methodist Church.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Keep Calm and Pray On- By Abigail Scott

This time seven years ago, I was an extremely excited young girl ready to start middle school. Part of that excitement was the joy of knowing that I was now officially a part of the Cooks United Methodist youth group. I've gone to countless retreats and mission trips, but it's not about where you go, or even who you go with, but why.

Middle School and High School will bring on some harsh times of stress, drama, and decisions, but I can promise you one thing… you are not alone. These years can also bring great experiences that you will never forget. Whether it's doing crazy dances, roofing a house, or riding roller coasters, it is so much more fun and meaningful when you know who you're doing it for. Your church family are the ones you can go to when you need someone to talk to, or when you need to pray about something. But you just can't do it on your own, or when you want to have fun without being judged.

I would never be where I am today without the people at Cooks. I have watched people come and go, and am sad to say it is now my time to go. It is my time to start a new journey just as you upcoming 6th graders are doing now. My advice to you, no matter what grade you're in, is to just Keep Calm and Pray On.

Abigail Scott
Freshman – UT Chattanooga

No comments:

Post a Comment